The Ministry of Research, Technology, & Higher Education is a result of merger from 2 known institution, Directorate General of Higher Education and Ministry of Research & Technology. Previously the Directorate General of Higher Education was governed by the Ministry of Education & Culture.
The Ministry of Research, Technology & Higher Education coordinate private and state universities, Private University Coordinator (KOPERTIS), and other government agencies non-ministry (LPNK) such as:
- Nuclear Energy Agency (BAPETEN)
- National Nuclear Energy Agency (BATAN)
- Agency for the Assessment & Application of Technology (BPPT)
- National Standardation Agency of Indonesia (BSN)
- National Institute of Aeronautics and Space (LAPAN)
- Indonesian Institute of Science (LIPI)
The Ministry of Research, Technology, & Higher Education policies way forward are as follows:
- Increase the number of educated and skilled work force having higher education.
- Enhance the quality for higher education provider and R&D institution
- Increase the number of qualified resource within R&D and higher education
- Improve productivity of research and development; and
- Advance nations capability in innovation